The service detects subjects, namely brands and products, within television programming where the inclusion of any form of advertising, including simple references, is prohibited.
What can be monitored?
PurposeThis service is used:
- to detect so-called “hidden advertising" within programmes in which brand and product placement is not permitted
- to track which brands and products appear within programmes during protected periods of the day (during which the appearance of certain classes of product is not authorised)
- Sources can be selected based on the client's requirements
- Technologies used: VSD Digital Video Scanner and AFS – Audio Frequency Search
Data suppliedComplete, detailed reports on all appearances of a logo or product, in reference to:
- TV/Radio programme, date/time of day
- Logos and products detected
- Number of appearances/references
- Digital archive of each the subject's appearances/references